Shlomi Arnon (Ph.D BGU 99, PostDoc MIT 98-99)
the Satellite and Wireless Communication Laboratory,
Shlomi Arnon is a Professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Ben-Gurion University (BGU), Israel. Professor Arnon's honors and awards include SPIE Fellow and Fulbright Fellow. During 1998-1999 Professor Arnon was a Postdoctoral Associate (Fulbright Fellow) at LIDS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, USA. His research has produced more than eighty journal papers in the area of optical, satellite and wireless communication. During part of the summer of 2007, he worked at TU/e and PHILIPS LAB, Eindhoven, Nederland on a novel concept of a dual communication and illumination system. He was visiting professor during the summer of 2008 at TU Delft, Nederland. During the year 2011-2012 he took sabbatical leave at the Silicon nano photonic Lab, Cornell University, USA. He is/was an associate editor for the Optical Society of America - Journal of Optical Networks in 2006, and the IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications for a special issue on optical wireless communication in 2009 and 2014. He is co-author of the book Applied Aspects of Optical Communication and LIDAR, Taylor & Francis/ CRC, 2010 a co-editor of the book Advanced Optical Wireless Communication Systems, Cambridge University Press, 2012 and editor of the book Cambridge University Press, 2015. In addition to research, Prof Arnon and his students work on many challenging engineering projects with especial emphasis on the humanitarian dimension. For instance, a long-standing project has dealt with developing a system to detect human survival after earthquakes, or Infant respiration monitoring system to prevent cardiac arrest and Apnea.
85 Etai Rosenkrantz and Shlomi Arnon, “Local Surface Plasmon Tuning for Optical Devices, “ IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, (in press)
84 Dima Bykhovsky Debbie Kedar and Shlomi Arnon, “Fiber-Ring Delay Line for High Resolution Inter-Satellite Ranging,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, (in press)
83 Etai Rosenkrantz and Shlomi Arnon, “Modulated retroreflector based on metallic nanoshells for applications in the visible band, “Optical Engineering, Vol. 53, No.11, pp. 117104-1 117104-5 (November 2014).
82 Dima Bykhovsky and Shlomi Arnon, “An Experimental Comparison of Different Bit-and-Power-Allocation Algorithms for DCO-OFDM,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 32, No. 8, pp. 1559-1564 (2014)
81 Etai Rosenkrantz and Shlomi Arnon, “Tunable electro-optic filter based on metal-ferroelectric nanocomposite for VLC, “ Optics Letters, Vol. 39, No.16, pp. 4954-4957 (August 2014).
80 Etai Rosenkrantz and Shlomi Arnon, "Modulating Light by Metal Nanospheres-Embedded PZT Thin-Film," IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, Vol.13, No.2, pp.222-227, (March 2014).
79 Dima Bykhovsky and Shlomi Arnon, “Multiple Access Resource Allocation in Visible Light Communication Systems,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 32, No. 8, pp. 1594-1600 (2014).
Plosker and Shlomi Arnon, "Statistics of remote roll angle
measurement," Applied. Optics, Vol. 53, No. 11, pp. 2437-2440 (April 2014)
77 Shlomi Arnon and Eberhard Gill, “The optical communication link outage probability in satellite formation flying” Acta Astronautica Vol. 95, pp. 133-140, (February–March 2014).
76 Shlomi Arnon, “Optimised optical wireless car-to-traffic-light communication” Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies Special Issue: Optical Wireless Communication, Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 660–665, (June 2014).
72 Etai Rosenkrantz and Shlomi Arnon, “Method for tuning light extinction by thermal expansion of coated nanoparticles ,“ Journal of the Optical Society of America A, Vol. 29, No. 9, pp. 2542-2547, (October 2012).
68 Ronen Rachmani, Arkadi Zilberman and Shlomi Arnon, “Computer backplane with free space optical links: air turbulence effects“ IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 156-162, (January 2012).
66 M.F. Urso, S. Arnon , M. Mondin, E. Falletti, F. Sellone, “A Distributed and collaborative beamforming algorithm for a self-organizing wireless sensor network,” Physical Communication, Vol. 4, No. 3, Pages 172-181, (September 2011).
64 Nestor D. Chatzidiamantis, Athanasios S. Lioumpas, George K. Karagiannidis, and Shlomi Arnon, "Adaptive Subcarrier PSK Intensity Modulation in Free Space Optical Systems, " IEEE Transactions on Communication, Vol. 59, No 5, pp. 1368 - 1377,(May 2010)
62. S. Arnon, "Maximization of imaging resolution in optical wireless sensor/lab-on-chip/SoC networks with solar cells," Journal of the Optical Society of America A,, Vol. 27, No. 9, pp.2021-2026, (September 2010)
61 Etai Rosenkrantz and Shlomi Arnon, “Enhanced absorption of light by charged nanoparticles ,“ Optics Letters, Vol. 35, No. 8, pp.1178-1180 (April 15, 2010) http://www.opticsinfobase.org/abstract.cfm?URI=ol-35-8-1178
58. S. Arnon, and D. Kedar, "Sensing and communication trade-offs in picosatellite formation flying missions," Journal of the Optical Society of America A, Vol. 26, No. 10, pp. 2128-2133, (October 2009).
57. S. Arnon, "Minimization of outage probability of WiMAX link supported by laser link between a high-altitude platform and a satellite," Journal of the Optical Society of America A,Vol. 26, No. 7, pp. 1545-1552, (July 2009).
56. S. Arnon, and D. Kedar, "Non-line-of-sight
underwater optical wireless communication network," Journal of the Optical
Society of America A, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 530-539, (March 2009).
55. D. Kedard, D. Grace and S. Arnon, "Laser Nonlinearity Effects on Hybrid Millimeter-wave/Optical Broadband Backhaul Communication Links for a Multiple High Altitude Platform Architecture," IEEE Trans. Aerospace Electronics System Vol.. 46, No. 4, pp. 1797-1803, (October 2010)
52. S. Arnon, S. Dolev, R Kat, D Kedar, "Searching for a lion in the desert: optics-based acquisition algorithms for wireless sensor networks," ACM SIGMOBILE Mobile Computing and Communications Review, Vol. 12 , No. 4, pp. 32-42 (October 2008)
49. M. Gubergrits, R. Goot, U. Mahlab and S. Arnon, "Adaptive power control for satellite to ground laser communication," International Journal of Satellite Communication and Networking, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 323-348, (July/August 2007).
48 Shlomi Arnon, David M. Britz, Anthony C. Boucouvalas, and Mohsen Kavehrad ,"Optical wireless communications: introduction to the feature issue," Journal of Optical Networking pp. 79-81 published 01/11/2006